List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    HTML import (was: Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-18 20:31:05

On Monday 18 March 2002 18:17, Frank Dekervel wrote:
> Op maandag 18 maart 2002 17:40, schreef David Faure:
> >  New filters, etc.
>
> about the html filter:
> - it imports simple html documents okay.
> - there aren't a lot of simple html documents around there :)
>
> in order to be really useful i need multi-page inline frames & tables, or i
> need to convert tables in html to someting else, or i need to split up
> frames that should be multipage myself.
> if we don't get it ready in time, i could disable table support, so it will
> only import simple formatting.
>

> - it doesn't support CSS at all.
>
> khtml doesn't implement getComputedStyles afaik. i could still do my own
> css parsing (and property inheriting and stuff) but that won't be ready
> soon.

You can also see it from another way. Do you think that the KHTML of KDE 3.1
will support getComputedStyles?

If yes, then there is no problem, as KOffice must be ready only this summer.

If it is no, then you might have to do the work just for the HTML import
filter.

I suppose that the best would be to find a volunteer (anybody here?) to work
on KHTML, because getComputedStyles does not seem to be priority for the
KHTML people.

> greetings,
> frank

Have a nice day/evening/night!