List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice-1.2 release schedule
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-03-18 17:56:58

On Monday 18 March 2002 18:48, Lenny wrote:
> > > - Karbon
>
> Well, not release quality yet.

Well, please elaborate. The question isn't about now, it's about in 3 weeks.
Do you think you can make karbon in releasable shape for that date,
and if not, should be the beta be delayed, or done without it (ok, your
answer below says no to the latter, I'm just pointing out the options for
the developers of other apps ;)

> > karbon completely or leave it to you to #ifdef out this code? Note that you
> > would have to check whether it works w/o that code from time to time :-)
>
> I wouldnt be unhappy if karbon will be disabled. This prevents us from getting
> too early bugreports.

He meant: if Xft isn't available, should karbon be disabled?
(he didn't mean disabling it in general!)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/