List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KoPicture (take 2)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-18 15:09:51

On Monday 18 March 2002 15:41, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> I have commited the newest version of KoPicture.
>
> For me, this version loads, displays, saves and re-loads (at least in
> KWord.)
>
> I am sorry for the inconveniences of the previous version. Thank to
> Toshitaka Fujioka for pointing me the errors (load/save) and for the code
> that he has written.
>
> The main change is a new class KoPictureShared, which is now the (only)
> class being QShared. Therefore data can be shared more easily and the
> problems of the first version can be corrected with simplier code.
>
> Other changes:
> - compatibility to KOffice 1.1.x is lost. (In fact, it did not exist in the
> previous version.)

This is only for cliparts!

The reason is that real WMF files and SVG are not anymore transformed to a
QPicture format.

> - *.wmf files in QPicture are renamed *.qpic at save.

Please read: fake WMF files in QPicture format are renamed with a qpic
extension at save.

This could still be changed if this part of compatibility with KOffice 1.1.x
is still wanted.

> I will remove any of the koImage*.* and koPicture*.* files (in
> lib/kofficecore.) Therefore if anybody still uses the classes defined there
> in any program (perhaps in a non-CVS one), he should tell it quickly.

Have a nice day/evening/night!