List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    New KoPicture code
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-10 20:08:02

I have finished the first code for KoPicture.

I have the code for lib/kofficecore and for KWord. KPresenter is not touched
and can still work with KoImage/KoClipart.

My question now is how to put in CVS.

Does someone want to see the code first? (patch for lib/kofficecore: 50KB
uncompressed, 10KB bzipped, patch for KWord is much smaller but I have it
against an one week old version (at least for now.)

I also know that David Faure prefers when files created from other files are
not added like that in CVS.

New features of the code:
- the data of the loaded file is kept with the image, and it is this data
that is saved. This is important for EPS, JPEG and SVG; for EPS, due to the
Postscript part; for JPEG because an image compressed two times (at two
qualities) can look very ugly; for SVG, because QPicture does not understand
everything.
- possibility to create other classes for other type of picture like WMF (the
outside class remains KoPicture!)
- fixed a few drawing bugs. The drawing is now make systematically from the
loaded (called "original") image. There is no more the consecutive  resizing
of the image.
- Again QPicture compatibility with KOffice 1.1.x

What has not changed:
- KPresenter
- The difference between image and clipart in KWord

Know bugs:
- kword/kwtextimage.* has surely been broken (and I cannot test, as I have
not file with this sort of images.)
- SVG seems to have problems (however, I had those even before with KWord's
AbiWord filter. I suppose that it is a QPicture problem.)

I hope that I have not left too much bugs!

Have a nice day/evening/night!