List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: How to use kwmf for KWord import filters
From:       shaheed <srhaque () iee ! org>
Date:       2002-03-03 18:24:27

Hi all,

Note that there is a difference between kwmf and qwmf.

Kwmf is a parser intended to be used with multiple output "client" layers one
of which was intended to produce kontour compatible vector graphics. In other
words, keeping the WMF in KOffice editable format. Had this been finished,
QWmf could have been layered on top.

QWmf simply produces a picture, i.e. in non-editable form.

The bad news with KWmf is that I have never had time to make it very complete
(it does import some basic graphics ok though). The good news is that the
libwmf project has a brand new implementation with a clean API which can be
used to do exactly what KWmf was trying to. It would be great if someone
could bring libwmf into KOffice, since I think it is more complete than QWmf,
and is certainly more complete that KWmf.

Also, note that libwmf is part of wv2, the next gen filter for MS Word.

Thanks, Shaheed