List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: shift+enter in kword
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-03-01 13:40:19

On Friday 01 March 2002 00:28, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 11:59:37PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > >
> > > w3 does not define the XML standard; you mix them up quite a lot. They
> >
> > No? Who then? Please look at the XML Recommendation:
> > http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml
> >
> > > define the standard that uses XML for hypertext layout. In other words
> > > XHTML. Read www.xml.com for more info on XML.
> >
> > I think that you have misunderstood many things!
> >
> > xml.com also tells that W3C defines XML:
> > http://www.xml.com/pub/a/98/10/guide1.html#AEN84
>
> I repeat; Koffice and QT use XML data-formatting language; you are talking
> about the XML markup language. They are different, but they have the same
> name.

What you are writting here is just absurd. There are no two XML (apart XML
1.1. draft, which we are not talking about here.)

xml.org is exactly talking about W3C things: XML, XSL, XSLT, SVG and so on....
Look at http://www.w3c.org and you will find the same abbreviations!

And QT is also based on W3C's work.

> The link you gave on w3 has the title:
>     Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Second Edition)
>
> This should give something away...

"Second edition" is because the first errata has been included. If you have
the first version, you would have to take the first errata and you would have
exactly the same text! And it is not the errata that makes a great difference
about what I have written.

And please look at: http://xml.com/axml/axml.html
That is the first version of XML 1.0 and it is on xml.org. Nevertheless the
base document is also from W3C!

> /me dropping this 'discussion' since I programmed the thing and it works!

Do you mean 0xa0? I have never written something else. I am just talking
about what QT's and non-QT parsers can do with KWord's XML file and 0x0a
(LINE FEED).

Have a nice day/evening/night!