Le Thursday 28 February 2002 18:18, David Faure a écrit : > On Thursday 28 February 2002 13:37, Simon MacMullen wrote: > > My continuing obsession with thumbnails has now created one for koffice > > files: > > > > http://www.babysimon.co.uk/kde/kofficepreview.png > > Wow. This is amazing. Thought about this in the past, but it's cool to see > this begin actually done, especially in such a generic way. Very nice. > (The kofficecore design pays a lot). > > > If you look carefully at the code you may see traces of the HTML preview > > and Philippe Fremy's KParts tutorial :) > > ;) > That tutorial could be updated for KDE 3 ... the whole "declaring a part" > or "finding a part" code that used to be necessary with KDE 2 has been made > much simpler by KDE 3 (I gave all details in the tutorials I wrote for IBM > developerWorks, but they're not online yet). > > > However, it's not quite as I would like it. I can't seem to control the > > scaling in a very meaningful way. What I would like to do is find out how > > wide the document "wants" to be, then scale for that (particularly > > important for KWord docs). But I can't mind a method that tells me this. > > Is there one? > > Hmm, each applications handles the KoPageLayout itself. > The way to gain access to this from KoDocument would be to centralize even > more code in kofficecore, e.g. storing the page layout there and porting > the koffice apps to use that variable instead of storing it themselves. > > > Also, when adjusting the zoom parameters which are passed to > > KoDocument::paintEverything, font sizes don't seem to change. I recall > > this used to be a problem but I don't know whether it's been fixed yet > > (ummm, I'm afraid I hardly use KOffice...). > > Is that with KOffice-1.1[.1] or with KOffice-CVS ? It's about KWord, right > ? This sounds like a 1.1 bug, it should be fine with KWord-CVS. > > > Also, it completely fails to work with KPresenter. I don't know why. > > It doesn't implement paintContent at the moment... Needs to be ported > to the new design in KPresenter. This means, embedding a kpresenter doc > doesn't paint anything either. Needs to be fixed. Laurent, maybe ? ;) Hi, Yes for the moment it's broken. I hope to fix it this week. No problem it's a known bug. Regards > Hmm, but this means it's indeed about the CVS version... > So the font size problem surprises me. > Can you test what happens when embedding a kword doc ? Should be the same > code. > > > The attached patch provides two .desktop files to switch it on and off - > > one for KOffice and one for MSOffice. I don't know if this is the best > > way to do it - should it be lots of little .desktops or one big one > > maybe? > > A little one sounds good to me. Otherwise the preview menu in konqueror > would become really overcrowded, no ? > > > What else? Oh, to reply to the list admin's question, yes, it probably is > > quite slow. "Unfortunately" I developed it on my fast work machine. It > > might go faster if it "reused" the KoDocuments (like the HTML preview > > reuses KHTML), but it would probably need a QDict of them. Hmmm... > > Hmmmm too ;) > I think the longest part is the loading. So reusing KoDocument to save a > new/delete wouldn't buy much speed, I'm afraid. _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel