List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    kword frameUnderMouse bug ?
From:       Frank Dekervel <Frank.dekervel () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! Be>
Date:       2002-02-27 4:35:57

hello,

I am slowly digging my way thru the kword sources.
I think i found a bug:

kwdoc::frameUnderMouse returns the first match, iterating over all framesets.
now suppose we have a frame containing a bigger frame (inlined).
Suppose we click outside the outer frame, the bigger (inlined) frame should
not even be considered for selecting. but right now it is, and you actually
can select a frame in that way (and it gets painted outside and so on).
Maybe that's related to the clipping bug david was talking about @ fosdem,
but at that moment things went waay to fast for me.

I can only think of a fix this way:

- iterate only over the non-floating frames in frameUnderMouse
	if (frameSet->isFloating()) continue;

- in frameAtPos and frameByBorder in frameset iterating over all "items",
seeing if its a kwAnchor, and if so (i wonder how), test if its at the
position, and if okay return the corresponding frame.

the problems with this fix:
i guess the problem is not only when selecting frames ... and it doesn't seem
to be particulary elegant. also, i think tables will be more trouble.

Could someone comment a little bit (would the way of working be right ?)
If this wasn't already on someone's todo list, i'd like to give it atleast a
try since it would be a good kword internals lesson i think..

greetings,
thanks in advance,
kervel