List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    More "Find" questions/possible problems.
From:       Mike McBride <mpmcbride7 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-02-21 4:21:59

I know you are probably getting tired of hearing my comments about the
Find dialog, but I have a few more questions reguarding patterns, and
some possible bugs (either bugs or I am not clear on what is supposed to
be happening.....).

#1)

When you insert a pattern matching element for "NL". I assume this
stands for "New Line".  First off, should it not say "New line"?
Secondly, how does someone enter a "New Line character" that is
different from a "CR" (Carrage return)?  If they are in fact different,
I personally believe that they should be spelled out, and not
abbreviated.

#2)

When entering a "Unicode point" element, nothing is added to my search
string.  Is this because I am not using a unicode font?  Do I need to
enter a code at this point?  How does this work?

#3)

When entering an "ASCII/Latin-1 Character", nothing is added to my
search string.  Also, is this another way of saying "Any character that
is not a digit" or "Any character that is a letter"?

As always, any help/comments would be appreciated.

Mike