List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword rtf export filter
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-02-04 13:00:10

On Friday 01 February 2002 12:13, Valentin Podlovchenko wrote:
> Hello to everybody!
> I'm new to this list and hope to be useful for it ;)
>
> It seems that rtf export filter for kword has a litle bug...
> I can't understand what is the idea to compare "lower byte of unicode
> char" with 0x7f limit... it seems to be meaningless and only works
> correctly for ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) charset unicode range...
>
> so look at my patch (it works for me from KOI8-R to CP1251 - I can save
> rtf in KWord(linux) and open it in Word for Windows).

If you would use QChar::unicode, it would be even better:

ushort chval;

chval=QCh.unicode();

And change the limit to ushort too:

ushort limit;

Apart of that, there is still the problem that \u is unknown to old RTF
readers. :-(

However is it up to the author of the filter to decide.

Have a nice day/evening/night!