List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: printing the symbol font
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-01-30 18:06:43

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:18:07PM +0100, Ulrich Kuettler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> here at my box I have no difficulty to show the symbol font on the screen any
> more. But those chars don't get printed. kword and kformula both fail to do
> it. That is ghostscript doesn't show these chars. But ghostscript knows the
> symbol font. E.g. gnuplot generates postscript that uses it.
>
> Is there anybody who gets the font printed? Who knows what needs to be fixed?
>
> Uli

just some hints;
- check if koffice embeds the font in the ps file.
- check if the correct name or font are referenced/included in the ps file
- check if gnuplot includes the font if QT does not.
- set gs to verbose and read the error messages (kghostscript has a config
 option for this)
- try to get fontincluder (I only know that it exists on the mac) its an
  application that includes fonts in the PS if they are not present but referenced.

Hope this helps.