List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Date and time variables
From:       Tomasz Grobelny <grotk () poczta ! onet ! pl>
Date:       2002-01-27 2:28:41

On Saturday 26 January 2002 12:36, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Saturday 26 January 2002 11:08 am, David Faure wrote:
> > On Friday 25 January 2002 22:44, Tomasz Grobelny wrote:
> > > I attach a patch that adds a dialog to choose date (time) when
> > > inserting
> >
> > fixed date (time).
> >
> > Hmm, just a question: in such a case, what's the advantage over typing
> > the date directly into the text ?
>
> Without looking at the patch or exactly how the Date is stored currently...
> one example would be to allow you to update all dates in a document to a
> different format automatically.
>
> For example, let's say I make a document where I have typed in several
> hundred dates in the format  Tuesday 27 November 2001. I decide at a later
> date that this is not appropriate for my document, so I change a setting
> somewhere in KWord (which may not exist yet?), and automagically all dates
> change to the format 27/11/2001.

I implemented format dialog in such a way that a user can write for example
#mydateformat# where mydateformat is a string variable. Here is the patch.

> If I typed these dates in by hand, then I would have to go through the
> document and change each and every instance.
>
> As an aside it would be nice if you could change the date in a fixed date
> variable by either double clicking on it in the document, or rightclicking
> and selecting "change date..."
For now I don't know how to do it.

Tomasz Grobelny

--

Okresl Swoje potrzeby - my znajdziemy oferte za Ciebie!
[ http://oferty.onet.pl ]

["patch.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]