List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: WMFs in KWord
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2002-01-22 7:55:52

On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:34:01PM +0100, kudling@kde.org wrote:
> > I fail to see why the user should have to decide between "Choose Image" and
> > "Choose Clipart"?  Is a piece of clipart, not an image? :)
>
> In addition i personally fail to see, what makes WMF a clipart and EPS
> not.

Remember that eps is just a wrapper for a set of other formats. There is the
postscript vector stuff that can be put in eps, but also jpeg, tiff, binairy
images, all in RGB/CMYK/CLAB/Grayscale colorcodes and probably others.
In short the format eps can contain more then we are able to process.

The user will not see from the file which kind it is (and you can even embed
one in another) so its probably safest to call it a bitmap; even if it can
contain vector. In the real world not that many vector only eps-es are used..