List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Thoughts about the "Open document" dialog
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-01-13 23:33:34

On Sunday 13 January 2002 12:46, David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 13 January 2002 08:46, Clarence Dang wrote:
> (...)
>
> > 2. Because of the previous point, the Filter drop-down-list-box (whatever
> > it's called :)), should not only have "All supported files", but it
> > should also have "All files" (to reveal those files that _could_ be
> > opened).  And "All supported files" should probably be renamed to "All
> > known supported files".
>
> Hmm, the logic behind this might not appear to the user.
> "I have All Files and All Supported Files - what good is it to choose a
> file that isn't supported ?"

I regret very much that the "All File" entry has been removed on purpose.

The problem is that without it, you cannot open "border-case" files, like
files without extensions (for example: README, TODO...)

And as KDE dialog do not support to have a star * as file name and therefore
to display every file, it is even more necessary.

Have a nice day/evening/night!