List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: kspread cursor movement when editing
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () cableinet ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-01-11 19:04:16

On Friday 11 January 2002 1:08 pm, David Faure wrote:

> Well, what about a fully-compatible behaviour, where the first edit works
> as currently, but double-click (or F2 I suppose) makes the arrows work as
> expected ? Note that you simply need to give focus to the top lineedit, to
> have working arrow keys (I mean programmatically - for the user it's faster
> with F2).

I'm not a power user, nor do I usually use spreadsheets, but for me it makes
more sense to press enter/return to have a fully editable text box, whereby
you press enter again when you've finished. Pressing F2 seems pretty
non-sensical to me.

Checking with KSpread 1.1.1, pressing enter on an unselected cell basically
just duplicates the functionality of the down arrow, which is not what I
would expect if I was, for instance, browsing a menu with the mouse.

Hope this post makes sense :-)

--
Jason Wood