List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Time Variable Format
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-12-27 20:45:15

On Thursday 27 December 2001 21:39, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 09:15:16PM +0100, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 December 2001 20:04, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > >
> > > This would mean that both the loading and the saving would have to be
> > > updated to reflect this. The now fails with the last of those 2 XMLs. I
> > > will look into that. Ok, committed a fix for that.
> > > The saving is a whole lot more work; so I'll wait for your anwer first :)
> >
> > However, how do old versions of KWord (for example 1.1.1) behave if <FORMAT
> > id="4"> points to more than one character?
> >

> If the bug I just fixed was also in 1.1.1 (no reason to believe it was not)
> then the loading of a 'newer' file will cause extra characters to appear
> after the variable in a 1.1.1 KWord. I don't think that can be fixed. :(

Yup. Then maybe we should rather drop the "very nice" solution,
and simply put the text in a child element of the format tag.
Rather extend the XML (old kword will simply skip unknown tags)
than modify it.

http://www.kde.org/people/david.html (my real webpage is down)
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops