List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KWord's strange linespacing
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-12-11 19:53:52

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 10:59, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2001 10:57, Clarence Dang wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It seems that KWord's linespacing is different to everyone else's (MS)
> > implementation of linespacing.  If you look at the attachment, which
> > shows KWord on the left and MSWrite on the right (running in Wine :), you
> > can see that Microsoft aligns their text to the bottom of the
> > linespacing, while KWord aligns it to the top.
> >
> > This is a problem because this makes my filter (mswrite) not perfect!!!
> > :) i.e. in the attachment, both sides are supposed to look exactly the
> > same since they're from the same document (if the filter was perfect, of
> > course).
> >
> > So why does KWord align the text in "<LINESPACING>" different to MS?
> > Some (other) MSWord/MS-whatever user will probably soon notice and
> > complain if this isn't changed... :)
>
> Err, ok, it's different, but that doesn't tell us which one's right.
> Can you test MSWord ? It might not even act like MSWrite.
> What about other word-processors ? Thomas Z. ? ;)

I have tested both MS Word 97 and AbiWord, both but the space after the text
(like the left part of the example picture.)

What is interesting is that MS Word 97 puts the space before when you give a
value (like for example "exact 20pt".) As for AbiWord, it still put the space
after the text in this case.

Have a nice day/evening/night!