On Friday 07 December 2001 07:04, John Dailey wrote: > Hi, > > I've got a patch here that I'd like people to take a look at. I'm pretty new > to KOffice/KDE/QT development so I'm sure there's lots of issues I'm > trampling over without realizing it. Yes, for instance the patch breaks binary compatibility, you have to add the boolean to KoViewPrivate and access it with d->inOperation (and this means the accessor can't be inline anymore). See the page on developer.kde.org about binary compatibility. Other than that, it looks very good. > I wanted to shorten the time it takes KSpread to sort by preventing the screen > from repeatedly refreshing after each cell data is copied in the sort. Then > I figured why not put it in the kofficecore classes in a generic way. This is interesting. I thought the fix for this problem was to fix KSpread so that it doesn't update the cells when setting their value (during sorting). But indeed your approach works too. > I added signals in the KoDocument class so that any document can signal its > views that "hey, don't update for a while" and then "ok, I'm done -- now you > can refresh the screen". > > It ended up not doing a great deal to reduce the sort time (my test case went > from 14-15 seconds to about 11 or 12) but it seems like this would be useful > for any KOffice application. Hmm, not a better improvement ? Next step would be to find out where it spends more time then. Please re-submit the patch with the boolean moved to KoViewPrivate, I'll apply it. Thanks for your contribution. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel