List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KoText Display bug: KWord/KPresenter & the cursor
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-11-20 23:23:28

I have tested (with the font Helvetica) KWord and KPresenter. I have found
that the behaviour was different and that the cursor has something to do with
it.

In the first line I have written many 'g' characters, in the second
upper-case 'H' characters. Like this:

gggg
HHHH

In KWord, the parts of the descent of the g are never drawn.

In KPresenter the descents are drawn correctly. When I write the 'H' below a
'g', the 'g' is disturbed at its descent, apparently due to the cursor.
Writing another 'H', make the 'g' at its upper-left been drawn correctly
again. Going back with the cursor, gives again some drawing errors.

***

I have find another thing curious with the cursor, this time in KWord.

In KWord at 100%, the cursor of the second line goes up to where the descents
of the first line are not drawn anymore. At 125%, I lose the cursor (very
curious, I had never observed it!) At 150%, the cursor is not height enough
to disturb the first line. At 200% and more, it is like 150%.

***

By the way: intrigued that Linus Torvalds has filed a bug report for KWord
(KDE Bug #35119, http://bugs.kde.org/db/35/35119.html ) I have tried to use
100x100 dpi as described in the bug report. I have as always the same display
bug in KWord. I will test another day, if what I have described in this mail
at 75 dpi behaves differently at 100 dpi.

Have a nice day/evening/night!