List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Nees some autoconf/automake help
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-10 19:18:06

On Samedi 10 Novembre 2001 19:38, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just heard that QT doesn't compile or linked applications crash on some
> systems, if qtsql is activated. That's why I'd like to make the sql based
> plugins in kword optional.
>
> My problem is, that I don't really know the internals of the configure scripts
> and my tries to create an check for qtsql failed. Could someone help my with
> creating those checks ?

The first question is how to detect whether sql support was enabled.
Isn't there some qfeatures.h or qmodules.h with an ifdef ? In that case
the configure check would look like: use the preprocessor on a small program like
#ifdef QT_NO_SQL
#error "No SQL"
#endif
(use AC_TRY_COMPILE, see acinclude.m4.in for examples)
and in case of error... ah, that's the tricky part. Not building a library
requires to either
- move it to a subdir and go into that subdir optionally (see koffice/plugins/configure.in.in
for an example)
- fiddle with EXTRA_LIBS and stuff. Headache. I suggest the above solution ;)
(or require help from the real experts, i.e. coolo & matz ;)

I can help more on that tomorrow or Monday, e.g. if you prefer me to do it :)

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops