List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: frame placement (in KWord)
From:       Laurent Montel <lmontel () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-10 16:19:56

Le Saturday 10 November 2001 17:06, Thomas Zander a écrit :
> Since Koffice release 1.0 I have been trying to find correct ways to insert
> content in KWord.
> We got complaints where people clicked the 'insert frame' icon, then got a
> dialog which they OK-ed and then nothing happened.
> Well, they needed to select where to insert the frame, and that is a
> problem, they are not used to that.
>
> I proposed that KWord should simply insert the frame where the users cursor
> was or somewhere top left on screen. (This is why I have been so irritating
> about the auto sizing of pictures ;) I still want it to be auto inserted
> though..
>
> I for this reason don't agree with the commits from this morning that add
> a click when inserting inline frames.

Hi,
For me it's more easy to indicate where you want put your frame. Word use the
same method (perhaps it's not good), but I think all people know how to do.
You define after your position and not before, it's more logical no ?
Me when I want to create a inline frame, I click on button and after I
position my cursor, and not position my cursor and after click on the button.

If cursor is not active so I think that people doens't understand how to do to
position inline frame.
With my method, you can all the time position you frame, same as cursor is
inactive. No ?

Bye