List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KWord's Display Problem (was: Re: OT: Fwd: Bibliography system)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-11-03 20:10:44

On Saturday, 3. November 2001 11:46, Ido Tamir wrote:
> (...)

> I have heard that kword ( cvs ) now supports this,
> but could not confirm this myself since my compilation
> is broken ( almost invisible small fonts ).

As you are seeing this bug, could you help us to find why it happens?

The first question would be: does it happens only when loading files or also
with a new document? (Try to open a new A4 template and write a few x
characters.)

If it does also happen with a new document, I would be interested in a few
information about your system:

- Version of QT, kdelibs, KOffice.
- Version of XFree
- Do you use Anti-Aliasing? Does it work the other way round?
- Could you try out in a console:
   xdpyinfo | grep RENDER
   (It may be empty!)
- Could you try out in a console:
   xdpyinfo | grep resolution
   (I would particulary like to know if it is 75x75 or not)

Now a few more complicated questions:
- Are the problematic fonts .pcf files?
- Do Type 1 and TrueType fonts work with KWord?

If you answers me privately ( mailto:nicog@snafu.de ), please send a copy to
David Faure mailto:david@mandrakesoft.com . If you prefer, you can open a bug
report at http://bugs.kde.org

Thank you in advance!

If other people are seeing the same bug, please tell!

> (...)

Have a nice day/evening/night!