Heya, i talked about this with werner already. He warned me about the hot=20 discussions which have happened in the past concerning this topic. That's= why=20 i just like to tell you about a possible kspread-application which isn't=20 currently possible (me thinks). At my job, we plan to use a spreadsheet-application as a frontend, which = talks=20 to a corba-server for performing the calculations there. Excel XP (will)=20 provide(s) SOAP and could be used for it via a wrapper/bridge. I think su= ch=20 applications will see a strong need in the furture at many companies. Since KoScript is designed with security in mind (which is good), kspread= =20 cannot contact the outside world (via rpc/files). I wonder, if this grade= of=20 security should rather be achieved on a per-sheet- than on a global=20 language-basis. The communication might be controllable via a flag, which= =20 should be read-only from the sheet/script but could be changed from the g= ui=20 ("allow scripts in this sheet to do nasty things Yes/No"). We'd really love to have a unix-solution also. Thanks for listening Lenny _______________________________________________ koffice-devel mailing list koffice-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/koffice-devel