List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Thesaurus KDataTool
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-10-29 15:59:56

On Lundi 29 Octobre 2001 16:54, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2001 15:51, David Faure wrote:
>
> > Remove those two, and simply use $(LIB_KSYCOCA)
>
> Thanks, that works. However, it looks like KWord still doesn't know about
> KDataTool, but only about KoDataTool.

I fixed this about one hour ago ;-)

> Here's a thesaurustool_kword.desktop
> file which will not work, i.e. the command will not show up in the context
> menu:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=Wordnet Tool
> X-KDE-Library=libthesaurustool
> Type=Service
> Commands=thesaurus
> Comment=Show related words
> ServiceTypes=KDataTool
> DataType=QString
> DataMimeTypes=text/plain
>
> If I replace KDataTool by KoDataTool the command will show up, but I will
> only get "WARNING: Could not create Tool !" when I select that command. I
> assume this is something that needs to be fixed in KOffice?

Update kdelibs/kio and koffice/, and use KDataTool everywhere.
KoDataTool is dead ;)

> Is it okay to commit the tool to kdeaddons/kdatatools (does not exist yet)?

Yes, although: wouldn't people expect to see this as part of koffice,
rather than having to get kdeaddons (imagine people not using KDE, who
want to use koffice, but don't care about konq/noatun plugins....) ?

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops