List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: New I18N problem for KOffice's filters (also KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-10-26 19:16:57

On Friday, 26. October 2001 10:05, David Faure wrote:
> On Vendredi 26 Octobre 2001 01:47, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > I have found out that the translation of the dialog boxes of the filters
> > does not work. The translated strings exist but are not shown! :-(
> >
> > As KSpread's csv filters does work, I have tried to find out what in the
> > code is different and I have found this code in the factory:
> >
> > extern "C"
> > {
> >     void* init_libcsvexport()
> >     {
> > 	KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalogue("csvfilter");
> >         return new CSVExportFactory;
> >     }
> > };
> >

> > I suppose that the insertCatalogue is not innocent at all and does the
> > whole job.
>
> Yes... although the framework (kofficecore) could try inserting a catalogue
> with the same name as the filter... (like we do for KParts...). This would
> need some harmonization in the naming though, I guess.

I would not mind. However most import and export filters are in the same
directories. One .po(t) file, two libraries ... Pretty hard to match names!

On the other side we could force each import and export filter to be in
separate directories, like for RTF or now HTML.

Or we could use the fact that (expect for csv) each .po(t) file of filters is
named after the directory. However, I do no idea how to use this fact in any
code.

> > As I did not know this, the code was never added to the other filters
> > and sadly nobody spotted in my patch that it was missing.
> >
> > I have found it on KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH, but it means that HEAD has the
> > problem too.

I will first do the KOFFICE_1_1_BRANCH, as it is more urgent and because
there is only one way to fix it. So we have time to find alternative
solutions for CVS HEAD.

>(...)
>
> David.

Have a nice day/evening/night!