List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: floating frames (in kword)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-10-21 11:03:02

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 12:39:58AM +0200, David Faure wrote:
> On Samedi 20 Octobre 2001 19:18, Thomas Zander wrote:
>  > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get inline tables working.
>
> You are a brave man :-)

Hihi :)

> > More frames for multiple pages. Right?
>
> Well........... that's the bit that isn't really well implemented yet.
> But that's the plan indeed. Hence the frame number in the above stuff.
> But what isn't done yet, is the management of those frames
> (creating/deleting/moving to undo-redo etc.)

I also miss how to add a KWAnchor to the original text flow when I notice my
table will not fit, and needs an additional page. (Well, an extra anchor in a
new frame of the hosting textframeset)
I assume I can just store the last parag (provided via the createAnchors() method)
and in some way I don't see at the moment I can insert a paragraph after this
last parag to contain the new cells on the next page.
Ideas ?

> > Should I keep the size of the frame(s) of this frameset to mirror the size
> > of the table? (again accounting for pages)
>
> Yes. The size of the anchors, in fact.

Well, any requests to the KWAnchor seems to just call my internal methods, so no
double houskeeping, luckily :)

> > Should I also make extra frames in that m_anchorTextFs frameset when a table
> > is to big to fit on page.
>
> More anchors, yes. That's the bit that's missing (to do it well you have to find a
> way to integrate this with the undo/redo stuff.......)

Undo/redo is for later, the things that I start facing now are horrible enough :))
ps. we do support embedded objects in other framesets then frameset 0, right?

> Thanks for looking into this.

Just one more thing;

is it a bug or a feature that the KWAnchor::move(int x, int y) uses integers and
not doubles...

KWAnchor::size() for example also returns integer values, but that is a zoomed
value, so that seems logical.