List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kformula: see what you can get, it's not much anyway.
From:       Ulrich Kuettler <ulrich.kuettler () mailbox ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2001-10-08 14:04:51

On Sunday 07 October 2001 23:55, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> I have tested with the QT's example program qfd and I found out the same
> symptom than the one you found. Neither "Symbol" nor "Standard Symbol I"
> give me any symbol character.
>
> By the way, qfd is nice if you have to debug fonts!

Indeed. You only need to know it... :)

And funny, qfd shows something that looks like Helvetica if I want to see
either "Symbol [Adobe]" (bitmap) or "Symbol [Urw]" (type1). That is if those
are the only ones installed. But as soon as I add "Symbol [Monotype]" (true
type from windows) qfd shows the same garbage for all three.

BTW: The symbol font from windows is correct. And DrakFont knows the
difference between these fonts and shows them correct.

I'm not happy about this. KFormula is useless without this font.

Uli