List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot compile KOffice (KoStore)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-09-29 2:25:15

On Friday, 28. September 2001 20:46, David Faure wrote:
> On Vendredi 28 Septembre 2001 20:35, Nicolas Goutte wrote:

> > > Use kdelibs 09-28 to compile koffice 09-28 !
> >
> > Okay, it seems then that I have to stop working on KOffice for a while.
> > Kdelibs changes quicklier than I can compile it. And I am not willing to
> > compile it an eighth time this week (not counting a few QT.) :-(

Despite this, I just did it! I have just finished and everything has compiled
fine. However at first glance, KWord still displays tiny fonts instead of
normal sized ones.

> As decided, big changes happen on Friday. So basically on a Friday night
> or Saturday morning, you have to update and recompile everything.

I had not realised that it was a "breaking day".

> The rest of the time you shouldn't have to do that.

To be clear, I have compiled (or I should say: tried to compile) kdelibs many
times not because of KOffice. The problems (in kdelibs) were more in the
categories:
- QT's API change
- introdution of -DQT_NO_COMPACT
- cvs update in kdelibs and kdebase does not update admin anymore (I wonder
if that is a bug or a feature.)

However, I stop here to complain about kdelibs, as it is off-topic.

Have a nice day/evening/night!