From koffice-devel Fri Sep 14 17:57:01 2001 From: Thomas Zander Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:57:01 +0000 To: koffice-devel Subject: Re: [RFC] filter redesign X-MARC-Message: https://marc.info/?l=koffice-devel&m=100049056216410 MIME-Version: 1 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="--ftEhullJWpWg/VHq" --ftEhullJWpWg/VHq Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable > > > You cannot have this! cannot be a child of

according to > > > strict DTD of HTML 4.01. > > > > I never said that the resulting code should be a table beneath a parag. > > Reading your other mail as well, I am afraid you miss the implementatio= n of > > the pattern, the meaning is to create the document as datastructures in > > memory, and ask that datastructure later to print the output stream that > > represents it. >=20 > I do not understand why we need again an intermediate layer between KWord= and=20 > the final export format. Today we have already QDom on side of KWord, the= =20 > KWord file and QDom on the KWord side of the office filter. Why would we = need=20 > again another layer that will only cost memory and time for no gain? Or a= t=20 > least, I cannot see any gain. We don't really add another layer, just split very precisely existing filte= rs in two. When this is done correctly you can combine different filter parts to create more filters without adding any code.. > > Note also that the input datastream does not have to result in the cach= ing > > of the document in the director, the builder is the only one who builds= the > > document. >=20 > >From what I have read of the very first message, it is not the builders= =20 > responsability to write the file, but it must give back a method getHTML(= ).=20 > And in particular in this point, I think that it is wrong! True, and not what I meant. The builder _is_ responsible for the output par= t,=20 how this is done in the filter implementation is a different matter though.. Basically the builder is the only one who knows what kind of output he is g= oing to create. > > A table will be positioned by using a paragraph, but if the spec does n= ot > > allow this then you don't print the tag ;) >=20 > Ah! You spoke in KWord's term, I thought you were talking in HTML terms! Right :) And I normally use

to create extra space in front of the table= ,=20 but thinking about this, it will be interpreted to close the