List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    AutoCAD ?
From:       Zack Rusin <zackrat () att ! net>
Date:       2001-09-14 2:36:24

Hi,

I've got a question ( obviously ;) ), is anyone working on an application
similar to AutoCAD ? I've spent last week reading KDE sources and fell in
love. I've been thinking about writing AutoCAD type application for a long
time ( about two years). But only very recently I got interested in KDE
architecture and so I've been working hard to get up to speed with the
current KDE technologies. If nobody is working on such an application, then I
just wanted to let you know that I'll be starting it. I won't be using CVS
until about December, because that's about when I expect to have an
preliminary version ( alpha version of an alpha version ;) ). So that brings
me to another question: is anyone working on a Blender type application for
KDE. One thing that I  want to do is render whatever anyone will be working
inside that application in 3D. Up till recently I wanted to do it using
python scripting in Blender, but when I started reading KDE APO reference I
though that it would be a lot cooler if there would be a 3d rendering KPart
letting you embed itself. Oh, and one more thing I'll be aiming for is full
autocad compliance, even VisualLISP scripts from autocad should work, so is
by any chance someone working on a VisualLISP interpreter?

Zack Rusin

--
Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I.