List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Serial letters in KWord/Koffce
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-09-12 15:44:37

Hi

> I'm currently working on the serial letter function in KWord and
> planning to create a plugin-based serial letter datasource framework (huh,
> that was difficult ;) so that every source can be used for
> which a plugin exists (e.g. a KSpread plugin, so that we can use KSpread
> tables as datasource) !
>

> What do you think about the current plans of mine?
> I would be very happy if you would help me with this :)

Sounds good.

I thought about something like :

SerialDatabse (which encapsulates the current behavoiour and allows loading of
plugins for other data sources and saves their configuration parameters)

SerialDatabaseDialog( which provides some basic navigating elements and allows
the data source plugins to add their own widgets to the interface). I think
it is just an extended version of the current one.

DatabasePlugin: provides editing widgets for the configuration Dialog (eg
input fields for select statements, (selections of kspread columns/rows) and
handles all lowlevel acces to the datasources.

KWord itself only interacts with the SerialDatabase class and the
SerialDatabaseDialog, independently from where the data really comes from.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger