List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    RE: Serial letters in KWord/Koffce
From:       "Sven Lueppken" <Sven.Lueppken () gutenberg-project ! org>
Date:       2001-09-12 15:17:36

> Hi

Hi!

> I was just wondering, if it would be usefull to extend the serial letter
> database functionallity in that way, that it can retrieve data
> from a real
> database (mysql, oracle, ....), especially because QT supports
> database acces
> natively now. Do you think it would be usefull ?

I'm currently working on the serial letter function in KWord and
planning to create a plugin-based serial letter datasource framework (huh,
that was difficult ;) so that every source can be used for
which a plugin exists (e.g. a KSpread plugin, so that we can use KSpread
tables as datasource) !

> I haven't worked on koffice yet, but I would be willing to volunteer for
> implementing this feature in kword, after I have fixed some QT3
> related bugs
> in kate.

What do you think about the current plans of mine?
I would be very happy if you would help me with this :)

Regards,
--
Sven Lüppken, sven@kde.org, KDE / KOffice Developer
Sven.Lueppken@gutenberg-project.org