List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    patch for qwmf painter
From:       thierry lorthiois <lor.thi () libertysurf ! fr>
Date:       2001-09-12 7:16:44

Hi,

as you are speaking of wmf, here is a patch
http://www.multimania.com/lorthi/patch-wmf

the patch include
-cleanup and bugfix
-new functions (text, font, drawing, clipping region and bitmappattern)

Some functions in wmf spec need to know the size of the paint device
  (clippingRegion, penWidth, bitblt...)
The code specific to paintDevice is insert into
    if ( !mTarget->isExtDev() ) {   // !!! internal device context !!!

So, if you test the patch in kword (with actual QPicture implementation),
you can't see the best result, but doesn't break anything

To see all the capabilities of the patch, I use Qpixmap:
    QWinMetaFile wmf;
    wmf.load("file.wmf");
    QPixmap offscreen( width(), height() );
    offscreen.fill( Qt::white );
    wmf.paint( &offscreen );

Actually, I can't test the patch in kword CVS
  (because problem with kdelibs on this system)
But my test software compile under QT3

I stop working on this because now 'qwmf' is usable,
have another job :), and you take another direction for wmf

>In the longer term, the idea is to migrate to libwmf2

If you want some change on the patch,
or a better implementaiton of qwmf, feel free to ask.

bye,