List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] filter redesign
From:       Frank Dekervel <Frank.dekervel () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! Be>
Date:       2001-09-11 0:31:25

Op maandag 10 september 2001 22:42, schreef Eva Brucherseifer:
> I don't understand completly. Where do you need the knowledge, in
> KHTMLReader or in KWDWriter? The KWDWriter must be totally specific for
> kword, but you can have a second builder for kspread and maybe reuse the
> html reader.

Think about things like 'start a new paragraph', or 'create a frame on
position blah with size blah' which don't make sense in kspread... Things
like 'calculate cell XX as the sum of the cells AA and BB' don't make sense
in kword on the other hand. But i'll have a more in-depth look tomorrow.

I still think separating the 'reader' (director in your terms) from the
'writer' as much as possible is a good idea tough, both my kwdwriter and
htmlreader need some thinking there, but i'll concentrate on more practical
issues first because the html filter ain't that big, i can still afford a
complete rewrite if it's needed.

Greetings,
frank