List:       koffice
Subject:    working with Kvivio
From:       "Kyle R . Burton" <mortis () voicenet ! com>
Date:       2001-09-06 16:34:47

I just got Kivio running on my Mandrake system - thank you to those of
you who posted workarounds for Mandrakes use of 'applnk-mdk'.  It looks
like a great peice of software.  I've seen some of the discussions on
the stencil sets.  I've seen the stencil sets available from theKompany,
and have read that they have a stencil development program.  I've played
around with the flowcharting stencil set that comes with Kivio.

The copy of Koffice I downloaded didn't seem to come with any
documentation on Kivio.

I'm interested in learning more about Kivio and how the stencil sets
work.  Is there any documentation availble on Kivio and stencils sets?
Does the UML stencil set that is for sale support more than just 'text'
properites?

Is it possible to create more custom stencil sets where the components
have customizable behavior?

What I'm really interested in doing is creating a component based data
scrubbing application using a data-flow appraoch.  Being able to build
the data-flow graphicly with an interface like Kivio's would be ideal.

Any information or advice is appriciated.

Best Regards,
Kyle R. Burton

If you do not get it from yourself,
where will you go for it?