I tried this with a couple of different GCC version, same result. Then I tried without debugging enabled, and it works. Just one to watch out for if you're in the habit of compiling everything with --enable-debug > Which version of GCC was KOffice 1.1 compiled with? With GCC 2.96 (as > supplied with Mandrake 8.0) I get an internal error when the filters are > being compiled (1.1 release sources): > > stream.cc: In method `QpIStream &QpIStream::operator>> (QP_INT64 &)': > stream.cc:195: Internal error: Segmentation fault. >