List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Is it possible to create PDF files from Kword?
From:       Vadim Plessky <plessky () cnt ! ru>
Date:       2001-08-28 9:54:52

On Sunday 26 August 2001 22:37, Horst Simon wrote:
|   On Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:05, Simon Hausmann wrote:
|   > On Sun, Aug 26, 2001 at 12:02:38PM +0200, Hugo Gonz?lez Blanco wrote:
|   > > If so , How can I do it ? I have seen I can print to a postscript
|   > > file , but I have not seen  anything about PDF format.
|   >
|   > With the new KDE 2.2 and kdeprint you can just chose a 'save as pdf'
|   > pseudo printer and you get a PDF document out of your kword one.
|   >
|   > Simon
|
|   In Koffice I can not see the pseudo printers.

It's even not necessary to have KDE 2.2 to make PDf's from KWord docs.
(unless you don't want to use command line)

go to console, and run
#ps2pdf mytest.ps
you will get output PDF file in the same directory :-)

NOTE:  KDE also runs ps2pdf on output PS file, so you don't loose anything
here, except GUI.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)