List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: problem compiling kivio
From:       "René" Rebe <rene.rebe () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-02 8:14:38

Hi again ;-)

I noticed that koffice's configure tells me:

rene@jackson:~/src/koffice-1.1-rc1 > ./configure --prefix=/opt/kde2 --disable-debug | \
grep -i python checking for Python directory... (cached) /usr/local
checking for Python2.1... header no library no modules no
checking for Python2.0... header /usr/include/python2.0 library \
/usr/lib/python2.0/config modules /usr/lib/python2.0 checking if a Python application \
links... (cached) no checking if Python depends on -lm... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -ltcl... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread -lm... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread -lm -lutil... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread -lm -ldb-3 -lutil... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread -ldb-3... (cached) no
checking if Python depends on -lpthread -lm -ldb -ltermcap -lutil... (cached) \
                nochecking if Python depends on -lpthread -lm -ldb -lutil... (cached) \
                no
configure: warning: it seems, Python depends on another library.
    Pleae use "make LIBPYTHON='-lpython2.0 -lotherlib'" to fix this
    and contact the authors to let them know about this problem

So I puzzled out what libraries python needs (somewhere in /usr/lib/python2.0/config \
                ...)
With:
make LIBPYTHON='-lpython2.0 -ldb -lreadline -ltermcap -lssl -lcrypto -lcrypt \
-L/usr/local/lib -lgdbm -lz -lpthread'

Kivio compiles and run fine;-)
Is this the normal way to compile KOffice or is something wrong in my Python \
installation ??

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:39:19 +0200
"René" Rebe <rene.rebe@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have had problems compiling all recent releases of KOffice because the Kivio
> compiliation failed with many unresolved symbols during linking!
>
> Log (from rc1) attached.
>
> I normally fixed this by disabling Kivio - all the rest of KOffice compiles
> fine ... ! But since I like to try it for generating c++ overviews and because
> KOffice is before a release I wanted to report this bug.
>
> I use RockLinux (www.rocklinux.org). Kernel 2.4.7, glibc 2.1.3, gcc 2.95.3.
>
> Feel free to ask for all additional info you need to fix it.

[...]

k33p h4ck1n6 René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875)

eMail:    rene.rene@gmx.net
          rene.rebe@rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.rene.rebe.myokay.net/

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged
$25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from
this message or its header, you agree to these terms.