List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: couple of little buglets, kword, cvs of yesterday
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2001-07-24 19:56:30

On Tuesday, 24. July 2001 18:57, dep wrote:
> greetings!

Thank you for the bug report!

> (...)
>
> the second is that when saved as an html file, closed, and reopened,

Sorry, but the import of a HTML document in KWord is not supposed to work
(see http://www.koffice.org/filters/status.phtml .)

> the initial tab in every paragraph has moved to the middle of the
> line, such that paragraphs now look like this:
>
> 					Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
> blah, blah, blah, blah . . . and so on.
>
> selecting all and moving the tab back fixes this, but only until the
> file is opened again. this appears to be a display issue only in

It is not a display issue in KWord. The HTML import filter still uses the
defaukt tabulator positions of the old KWord 0.8 (at around 64 mm and at
around 128 mm.) As tabulators should not be used in HTML, it was (until now)
newer a problem. Therefore I do not think that I will fix the tabulator
problem before the release of KOffice 1.1! I apologise for the inconviences.

However, you have found out that KWord's HTML export filter does export
tabulators, which is not good. However, as you mention below that in most
browsers it is not a problem, I think I will also not touch the export driver
before the release of KOffice 1.1.

> kword -- the document displays properly in konqueror, opera, and
> netscape. so it's really no big deal, just ac little bit alarming to
> look at.
>
> (...)

Have a nice day/evening/night!