List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-19 13:30:02

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 21:16, Bill Wisse wrote:

|   Cannot open means that the Kword document (after being made into an
|   attachment) cannot be viewed. I right click on the attach and a box comes
| up saying >>Kmail attachment contains Binary data trying to show the three
| first letters.

Can you check *how* you send ("encode") attachements?
Also, any chance to try KMail newer than [version 1.1.99]?

KMail 1.2.2 had problems sending Cyrillic text with body encoded as "8-bit",
chanaging that to  "MIME compliant" fixed problem.
KMail 1.2.3 can send both in "8-bit" and "MIME compliant".
There was also problem (reported) of sending PDF as attachement - check KMail
mailing list archive.
As far as I know, it is fixed in KMail 1.2.3.

Anyway, it is problem with mailer, not KWord.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)