List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Kword
From:       "Bill Wisse" <wiswp () niue ! nu>
Date:       2001-07-18 21:16:30

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001 05:40, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 July 2001 10:01, Bill Wisse wrote:
> > Can anybody help me on this one?
> >
> > I created a letter in Kword and after that I attached the letter ( as an
> > attachment) to an email. ( I send the email to myself).
> > But strange enough I cannot open the attachment . How is that possible?
>
> No idea.What does "cannot open" mean ? Error messages ? Debug output
> on the console ? Does it work if you save it to disk and try to open it ?
> Does the filename end in .kwd ? What version of KWord it this about ?

Thanks David

Cannot open means that the Kword document (after being made into an
attachment) cannot be viewed. I right click on the attach and a box comes up
saying >>Kmail attachment contains Binary data trying to show the three
first letters.

Yes the file ext is .kwd  (version 2.0.1) and no it won't open if saved to
disk

I am really puzzled because I received some MS-word attachments and those
show up just fine.

--
Bill  from Niue island