List:       koffice
Subject:    Scripting in Kspread
From:       Salvatore Enrico Indiogine <eindiog () pnm ! com>
Date:       2001-07-11 14:59:55

Greetings!

First of all many thanks to the KOffice people for this wonderful GPL office
suite.

Question:  I am exploring the possibility of using Kspread in my place of
work.  We need to develop spreadsheets that have cells and ranges that are
updated real time by a database and that also will update real time the same
database (Oracle).

I understand that this is not possible with direct data connections to the
database.  Thus, I thought about exporting comma separated values (csv) from
the spreadsheet and also importing csv files into the spreadsheet at 1-2
minute intervals.

Is this the best way of doing this?  Can you come up with a better way?

To do so I need to understand how to script (Python or shell script
preferably) in Kspread.

Is there any documentation/tutorial on how to script Kspread.

If this works out we can push the use of OSS big time in our company.

Thanks!

Kind regards
Eric Indiogine
PNM