List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Question
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-06 9:39:40

On Thursday 05 July 2001 21:19, WebGuardian wrote:
|   Don,
|
|   I am using RedHat 7.1 myself and had the same problem. The printers that
|   we us are HP 5Ps and when we set them up under the "printconf-gui" tool,
|   it worked fine but when we printed from the apps, no go. To solve our
|   problem we changed the driver being used to the laserjet 4 series and
|   now everything is running smoothly. So in short, play with the driver
|   settings and see if this helps.

Be sure that you upgraded to KOffice 1.1beta3 (it's really recommend minimum,
IMO)
To get Print Dialog working, you should install KOffice over over KDE
2.2beta1. (released few days ago) or at least 2.2alpha2.

I don't know if those packages are available on RedHat, but there are
available for Mandrake (which I am running), for sure.

Besides, I would recommend (for several reasons) to use PostScript (not
TrueType) fonts for you documents in KWord, it will eliminate several "not
printing" bugs reported some time ago.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)