List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kword printing .....
From:       Mike Richardson <mike () quaking ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-07-02 9:19:07

On Sunday 01 July 2001 22:43, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 1. Juli 2001 20:03 schrieb David Faure:
> > On Sunday 01 July 2001 20:33, Mike Richardson wrote:
> > > Thanks, that fixed the save problem. OK,. not the print. File and
> > > screenshot attached
> >
> > Wow :(
> > Doesn't happen here, with your test doc...
>
> I can second this bug. My preview looks like Mikes one.

Not that I'm wishing this bug on you, but I'm glad I'm not the only one

> (KOffice, kdelibs (kprinter: cups), kdebase from today.)

Total rebuild last night, koffice-beta3

> BUT:
> When I opened Mikes document  it shows _no_ font in the toolbar, I see
> standard style but no font (at 14pt) If I go into the stylist, there is
> Arial 11pt as part of my standard settings shown, but it seems it is not
> set. (Hope you understand, what I want to say). When I change the font in
> the stylist to something else and the back to Arial, I see the font in the
> toolbar and printing is better - but printing stops after "Miscellaneous
> support". Next one after the tab is a "messy" character: KWord shows only a
> square and printing stops. Deleting all the "squares" printing is fine.
>
> Hope this helps

I couldn't get any improvements via Stylist, so I experimented with fonts;
Fixed and Console worked, everything else gave the same squashed-up results.
FWIW, after about 10-15 font changes, KDE locked solid and I had to kill the
X server :(

> Bye
>
>   Thorsten

Mike