List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: formula is absolutely small
From:       "Stephan Hachinger" <StephanHachinger () compuserve ! de>
Date:       2001-06-29 6:25:27

> On Thursday 28 June 2001 22:34, Stephan Hachinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > kword version: about June 25th, 2001.
> >
> > I've inserted a formula into a document, but the characters are really
small
> > (a little smaller than arial 12), and even smaller when printing (about
> > 1mm). This wasn't the case in the last kword versions I had compiled. If
> > make the formula frame bigger, the formula characters aren't resized.
>
> Are you using font anti-aliasing ? In this case, make sure to upgrade to
Qt 2.3.1.
> Qt 2.3.0 had a very nasty bug in font metrics (which, strangely enough,
seemed
> to affect only kformula).
> If it's not that, then I don't know. Maybe Ulrich will.

No, I'm certainly not using it because I've X verxsion 3.x (I think it
doesn't support antialiasing, does it?). Hmm, do you think upgrading to
2.3.1 would also help in this case? The strange thing is that it worked with
older koffice versions, but as I haven't recompiled it very often I cannot
really say when the breakage came ... at the beginning of June, it was still
ok, I think.

> > Another thing... I think it would be good if one could also choose
between
> > "inline"/"not inline" when inserting a formula and not only when
inserting a
> > picture.
>
> Really ? I thought all formulas would be inline (isn't it very annoying to
have
> a fixed frame, that doesn't go down if you add a paragraph before it) ?
> Note that you can toggle this after inserting the formula, in any case,
using
> the frame dialog... I just assumed that most people would use inline
formulas,
> and if you really want a non-inline one somewhere you can unset the inline
checkbox.

Hmm, that's right. Aargh, I find myself wasting your time too often by
stupid ideas ;). Comes from my great stress ... come home, test koffice for
half an hour, hurry away :(

Cheers,

Stephan