List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Envelope template: Multiple envelopes
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-06-28 22:31:40

On Thursday 28 June 2001 03:45, David Faure wrote:
> On Thursday 28 June 2001 08:44, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> > I think I have found a way to print multiple envelopes
> >
> > 1) Create a page in landscape.
> > 2) Create a text frame and insert the return address in the upper
> > left hand corner.
> > 3) Click on the frame to get the cruciform cursor and then right
> > click. Select Frame/Framest
> > 4) Select: "On new page creation: place a copy of this frame"
>
> Warning, "copy" means a perfect copy. Same address in all frames.
> Probably not what you want to do here

 Yes, we want to duplicate the return address.

> (but a very nifty way to do the Greeting Cards thing people were
> talking about !). You probably want "On new page creation: Reconnect
> Frame to current flow". Hmm, maybe this option is incompletely named.
> It also implicitely means, to actually create a new frame on the next
> page.
>
> > 5) In each subsequent frame create yet another text frame box, into
> >     which you will type the recipients address.
>
> Oh, so you actually create a frame onto the copy frame ? Hmm, not
> very useful to have that copy then ;-) Except for the size maybe, but
> then the "create a new frame and reconnect it" option does the same,
> w/o the need for another frame on top of it.

 I think I tried that but it didn't work. My cursor kept jumping up to
the first frame when I went to type text in. I will try your suggestion
though.

> About adding envelope templates... if the whole world was using only
> one size of envelopes we would simply make a .kwt template. But I
> think we rather need some wizard or so, to take into account the
> various existing sizes...

 Well envelopes come in all sizes. I believ I had to create my own
templates in Applix and WP 8 for Linux. Also the feed on printers might
be different.

--
						Cheers,

						Jonathan