List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: KWord review
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 18:00:06

On Thursday 28 June 2001 20:25, brownh@hartford-hwp.com wrote:
> Well, I surely hope so. In my mind the test is typographic quotes,
> kerning, leading, such graphical elements as line insertion and drop
> shadows for frames, end/footnote automation, document merging, and
> fully-editable headers/footers. Others will have their own lists.

Use wishlist items on bugs.kde.org if you want it to be my list ;-)

quotes -> already there
kerning -> I don't see a way :( Too deep down in QPainter.
leading -> there seems to be a debate whether this is linespacing or not.
Is it ? Is it not ? I'll make linespacing proportional instead of just 1.5 & 2.
What's line insertion ?
What's currently not editable in headers and footers ?
 (I know that we still have to find a more flexible solution than
the current limited first vs the rest, and odd/even).