List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Envelope template: Multiple envelopes
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-28 8:45:08

On Thursday 28 June 2001 08:44, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> I think I have found a way to print multiple envelopes
>
> 1) Create a page in landscape.
> 2) Create a text frame and insert the return address in the upper left
>     hand corner.
> 3) Click on the frame to get the cruciform cursor and then right click.
>     Select Frame/Framest
> 4) Select: "On new page creation: place a copy of this frame"

Warning, "copy" means a perfect copy. Same address in all frames.
Probably not what you want to do here
(but a very nifty way to do the Greeting Cards thing people were talking about !).
You probably want "On new page creation: Reconnect Frame to current flow".
Hmm, maybe this option is incompletely named. It also implicitely means,
to actually create a new frame on the next page.

> 5) In each subsequent frame create yet another text frame box, into
>     which you will type the recipients address.
Oh, so you actually create a frame onto the copy frame ? Hmm, not very
useful to have that copy then ;-) Except for the size maybe, but then the
"create a new frame and reconnect it" option does the same, w/o the need for
another frame on top of it.

About adding envelope templates... if the whole world was using only one size
of envelopes we would simply make a .kwt template. But I think we rather need
some wizard or so, to take into account the various existing sizes...