List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [complete OT :-b] Impression Publisher
From:       "rwlbuis () mail ! wanadoo ! nl" <rwlbuis () smtp ! wanadoo ! nl>
Date:       2001-06-20 10:42:54

Samuel Penn wrote:
> I have the format for Draw - it's quite simple (if you like playing
> with bits and bytes). Artworks is somewhat more difficult...
> Having spoken to someone who's done a lot of third party add ons
> for Artworks, it looks like converting Artworks EPS format will
> be easier. Also, there's already a Draw->SVG converter out there.
> I can convert Artworks->Draw->SVG->KIllustrator. Which is roundabout,
> but almost good enough.

Please keep in mind that the SVG import is not 100% complete;) Also, killustrator \
doesn't work with opacity yet.

> The question comes down to how much I want to preserve layer
> information. Draw doesn't preserve layers, and I can't tell
> whether SVG does (the spec mentions them a lot, but I can't
> find any actual attributes for specifying a layer for an object).

> Does anyone know whether SVG supports layers?

Not directly I think. The contents are drawn according to the painters
model, i.e. subsequent shapes are painted over earlier shapes.
However I think the group tag can be used as a layer, have a look at that.

> Artworks EPS does, so a KIllustrator import filter for Artworks EPS
> might be the best option.I'll investigate...

I am not sure how good PS/EPS importing is, I'll have a look at that.
I think it may be outdated but I think I can fix that.
Cheers,

Rob.