List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: [complete OT :-b] Impression Publisher
From:       Samuel Penn <sam () bifrost ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-17 17:01:36

On Sunday 17 June 2001 17:47, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Juni 2001 17:55 schrieb Samuel Penn:
> [...]
>
> > The way Impression Publisher did it initially (sorry to keep on
> > mentioning IP, but it's one of my favourites), was to have a value with
> > it, which was
>
> Hi Samuel!
>
> Another RiscOS fan? ("gg:Samuel Penn RiscOS" produces some hits :-)

Yep. I'm trying desperately to move away from RISC OS, but being held back
by the lack of anything to replace Impression/Ovation/Artworks.

I'm currently looking into the feasability of writing a Draw -> SVG
converter. I'd like to do ArtWorks -> KIllustrator/SVG, but I have a
feeling the ArtWorks file format (what everyone else would call a memory
dump) might be a bit hairy.

By the time I've done that, there should be an SVG importer for KIllustrator.

Anyway, whenever CC ask me if I want to upgrade to Xara, I ask them if
there's a Linux version available, or planned. So far the answer's always
no :-(

--
Be seeing you,             -- Public key available at ------------------
Sam.                       http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/publickey.html